• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Juicedefender on EVO V 4G

No, it wastes more battery than it saves and I'd completely ineffective.

Manage Wi-Fi, data, etc manually with a widget or the quick settings in the status bar.

I've been using it since my Triumph days with good results, turns my wifi on when I come within range, turns my data on for 30 seconds every 30 minutes to check for messages, if wifi isn't available it'll turn on 4G, if that's unavailable it turns on 3G, all of the settings are fully customizable in the paid version. It's sort of like chiropractors, you either swear by them or swear at them. :D

I've been using it since my Triumph days with good results, turns my wifi on when I come within range, turns my data on for 30 seconds every 30 minutes to check for messages, if wifi isn't available it'll turn on 4G, if that's unavailable it turns on 3G, all of the settings are fully customizable in the paid version. It's sort of like chiropractors, you either swear by them or swear at them. :D

So you have the paid version?

Once you get it setup, it's completely autonomous. You could manually enable/disable everything every time you wanted to use it via a widget or however you choose to do so, but Juice Defender has the capability to do all that for you, automatically. I've been using it religiously on every ROM I flash for about six months now (Juice Defender Ultimate) and the battery increase is astounding, not to mention the fact that I don't have to keep track of what's on or off, JD does all that for me :D.

Yeah, for about 2 years now, for me personally that's the app that I install right after Titanium Backup. :p
OB

That's funny haha. I paid for it not too long ago and I just stopped using it because I thought that it didn't help but I started using it again about 3 days ago and it has been helping.

JD absolutely helps because it shuts down battery hogging radios when you are not using them. If I do not use JD i get maybe 5 hours on my battery, using the phone for music @ work, email and surfing. With JD, well I'm home now and still have 25% left. The paid VS also allows for more customizing which i use for the 'home' net option, which connects me more quickly . Hey you can just shut everything down yourself , I prefer automation and I like the way JD works, it does.
:)
s

Back
Top Bottom