• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Junk!

jdailey1981

Android Enthusiast
I remember a time that I was excited about my Rezound. Was an amazing phone, but lately, it has went to junk and I can't wait to get rid of it. 3/4G drops constantly. With a full signal, and 3/4G on, the data refuses to send anything....just pure junk! Will never buy another piece of junk HTC again.

Might be time for a factory reset. It sure cleaned up all of the problems I was having with mine. To each his own however. If you are ready to move on, good luck to you. I hope whatever you get serves you well.

Installing the 4.03.605.2 RUU transformed my phone, making it more responsive. It particularly improved the battery life, to the extent that I was able to go back to a standard battery from an extended battery (and back). With the extended battery, back, and case, it was like holding a whiteboard eraser.

when i had mine, it was pretty rough with battery life on the official ics update, once i installed the global update, it was ALOT better overall.

Another vote for full reset after updates... it resolved several issues and was pretty much like moving from a Ford to a Ferrari :p

I did and it reverted me back to the old firmware and won't show system update available for the new.
This is not possible, a factory reset via the settings menus or recovery only wipes out all USER DATA, and leaves all firmware intact, resetting the device to "out of the box" defaults. Firmware cannot be over-written or changed by this method in any way.

Now if you loaded an RUU, such as the Global Mode 4.3.605.2 RUU, there is no update for that, it is newer than what is available OTA now. If you loaded the OTA 3.14.605.12 RUU the update will come, be patient, although it really does nothing so I wouldn't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom