• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Just dragged and dropped music into phone, where is it?

nope, u can put ur music anywhere n ur phone should detect it after completing a media scan.

Hi thanks for the reply, I actually put it in the internal USB storage and it didn't "see" but then transferred elsewhere and was okay.

I have started to use PowerAmp, seems much nicer to use than the stock one, but both have the same problem - I get the ringtones playing in both as they both appear in the library.... I have heard about creating a .nomedia file but that effectively makes the ringtones useless, is there another simple way around this as it's a bit annoying when I have music playing in the car and suddenly a Samsung ringtone starts blasting out lol....

yup that can be annoying lol. well i read about this somewhere, n it worked great for me:
on ur sd card, create a folder called ringtones, and another one called notifications (if u need it) drag ur ringtones to these folders n they wont show up in ur music app.

the guy said u need to format ur sd card or it might not work, so i guess u should do that if u can. i did. although u dont mention if u have an sd card or not. im not sure how this works on the phone memory

yeah, the .nomedia file is great if u dont want any stock app to pick up particular media.. i.e. videos/sounds from games etc.

yup that can be annoying lol. well i read about this somewhere, n it worked great for me:
on ur sd card, create a folder called ringtones, and another one called notifications (if u need it) drag ur ringtones to these folders n they wont show up in ur music app.

the guy said u need to format ur sd card or it might not work, so i guess u should do that if u can. i did. although u dont mention if u have an sd card or not. im not sure how this works on the phone memory

yeah, the .nomedia file is great if u dont want any stock app to pick up particular media.. i.e. videos/sounds from games etc.

Hi, thanks again for the help - no I don't use an SD card, yet, haven't uploaded all my music onto it, only about a dozen albums to get started. If I was to create that .nomedia file does it render my ringtones useless for the phone - can I not use them as a ringtone still? I have heard that might be the case....

im not sure either. u could give it a try.. so even if ur ringtones are in the ringtones or notifications folder on ur phone memory, it shows up in ur music player, huh? i actually tried to locate my default ringtones in my phone memory but i couldnt find em. lol.

well u could try creating a '.nomedia' file in the ringtone folder, if u can find it.. n see if u can still use em for ringtones, but im guessing no. if not, just delete the file. make sure u have astro file manager to delete the 'nomedia' file, coz on my computer, the file wasnt visible after i created it :)

Back
Top Bottom