• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

just got update

ms840zva I am not the OP, but that's what mine is after update via LG tool.
how do you update connect with lg tool i went to my corp store and they said the lg tool was not for connect it was for esteem ive tried to upgrade many many times with lg tool and nothing corp store tried to force my phone to upgrade did not work they said id have to just wait till i turn the phone off and then on then one day it would just upgrade on its own.

how do you update connect with lg tool i went to my corp store and they said the lg tool was not for connect it was for esteem ive tried to upgrade many many times with lg tool and nothing corp store tried to force my phone to upgrade did not work they said id have to just wait till i turn the phone off and then on then one day it would just upgrade on its own.

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=521819
Even though its for the esteem you can still use it. Just make sure

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=519836
everything you need^^

Download everything from the 2nd link not the 1st. Just use the 1st to help you upgrade

I just went to LG website; I didn't use any instructions on this forum. LG tool provides all instructions and drivers you need in the same place.

Here is the link:
www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-LGMS840#software

Follow the directions, and the update is pretty straightforward. Just don't forget to charge your battery completely and switch your phone into Internet Mode when connected via USB for the update.

Anyway, it is all in the directions; just follow them.

Thanks Mexjoker Spike15 must be my phone i did the step by step instructions and put the phone in internet mode and it connected saying i already have the latest version and shows MS840ZV8 so for some reason phone is rejecting to upgrade but thanks

Corporate store is a joke. They wouldn't know their ass from a hole in the ground. Make sure you bookmark the updater site because if you choose to root & put on a ROM, it's always possible you get stuck in recovery mode & that updater is your ticket out. I bought my Connect just a over a month ago & it was ZV8 & the next day I got an OTA update to ZVA, it also updates your prl to the latest.

myshkin: prl? Are you saying your plan rates change the the new system when they push you an update? Thank god I swapped to Broken Out already by the time the rates changed >_<

myshkin: prl? Are you saying your plan rates change the the new system when they push you an update? Thank god I swapped to Broken Out already by the time the rates changed >_<

No, plan rates don't change. You are losing your root after update; you will have to do it again.

Back
Top Bottom