• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just recived my HTC Desire HD

KingDong

Android Enthusiast
Just recived the phone to my suprise on a next day delivery, anything i should do. i heard something about usb debugging etc?

Hi KingDong I just got my HTC Desire HD yesterday. What is usb debugging and why should I turn it on? I thought it was something to do with people who develop apps but I may be wrong. I was having troubles with HTC Sync recognising my phone even though my PC would. I read somewhere that HTC Wildfire users were saying turning usb debugging on fixes this problem so I did. The PC wouldn't recognize the phone at all, then I had to disable USB debugging and somehow both the PC and HTC Sync started to recognize the phone, phew.

Hi KingDong I just got my HTC Desire HD yesterday. What is usb debugging and why should I turn it on? I thought it was something to do with people who develop apps but I may be wrong. I was having troubles with HTC Sync recognising my phone even though my PC would. I read somewhere that HTC Wildfire users were saying turning usb debugging on fixes this problem so I did. The PC wouldn't recognize the phone at all, then I had to disable USB debugging and somehow both the PC and HTC Sync started to recognize the phone, phew.

I was browsing the forum and i think someone said it makes the battery life better.

usb debugging turn on will reduce lag if u experience it

Oh right thanks. where would i locate it in case i needed it? does anyone else think the battery cover is a bitch to get off? i almost broke it and chipped of abit of the plastic.

Charge your battery as follows:

1) Turn your device ON and Charge the device for 8 hours or more

2) Unplug the device and Turn the phone OFF and charge for 1 hour

3) Unplug the device Turn ON wait 2 minutes and Turn OFF and charge for another hour Your battery life should almost double, we have tested this on our devices and other agents have seen a major difference as well.

You will see a lot of difference some people have had double the battery life!!

Charge your battery as follows:

1) Turn your device ON and Charge the device for 8 hours or more

2) Unplug the device and Turn the phone OFF and charge for 1 hour

3) Unplug the device Turn ON wait 2 minutes and Turn OFF and charge for another hour Your battery life should almost double, we have tested this on our devices and other agents have seen a major difference as well.

You will see a lot of difference some people have had double the battery life!!

can this be done at any time or only on the first ever charge? and if anytime is it a one time fix or does it need to be repeated each charge?

Good apps - tunein radio, angry birds, robo defense, ambling book player,graviturn, relax and sleep, talk to me.

charge your battery as follows:

1) turn your device on and charge the device for 8 hours or more

2) unplug the device and turn the phone off and charge for 1 hour

3) unplug the device turn on wait 2 minutes and turn off and charge for another hour your battery life should almost double, we have tested this on our devices and other agents have seen a major difference as well.

you will see a lot of difference some people have had double the battery life!!

this is a waste of your time and effort. Fact.

and you don't use Chrome?! Why on earth not?!

i found chrome to be much much faster than firefox, added bonus the i can push pages to my phone

i found chrome to be much much faster than firefox, added bonus the i can push pages to my phone

Fox to phone works with chrome to phone on your device.

Also, firefox 4 beta 9 is (from what I have noticed) just as fast as chrome, and very stable. I do admit though, that previous firefox versions are slower than chrome.

cheers fella, didnt kno firefox did it too, i do prefer firefox but only started to use chome due to speed and could push to my phone, looks like i can now go back to fox :-)

I tested the latest version of FoxtoPhone and Chrome to phone and it's relatively the same speed. Maybe it's just my phone, so I am not really that sure. Though I prefer Chrome ;P

yeah i found it quicker on chrome, altho the new firefox is still beta so maybe that may have something to do with it

I tested the latest version of FoxtoPhone and Chrome to phone and it's relatively the same speed. Maybe it's just my phone, so I am not really that sure. Though I prefer Chrome ;P

I was talking about general browsing speed :3

But yeah, fox to phone should be the same speed as chrome to phone.

Back
Top Bottom