• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Just rooted my new Nexus 732gb (well, used but new device for me lol)

I want to create a backup but how do i go about that as the nexus doesn't have an SD card slot.

Not having an SD card slot is not an issue :). You just reboot into recovery and perform a nandroid backup. It will get saved to the devices internal storage and be available to save the day when needed.

If space is your primary concern you can transfer the backup to a computer for safe keeping.

Reactions: LakersDroid
Upvote 0
If you use a custom recovery like TWRP and have a OTG cable you can make a nandroid and have TWRP save it right to a thumb drive.

You can also use a toolkit like Wugs NRT to make a nandroid with the N7 connected to a computer and the took kit will pull the backup off the device when done. Please be patient as the ADB transfer of a nandroid backup can take some time.

Upvote 0
If you use a custom recovery like TWRP and have a OTG cable you can make a nandroid and have TWRP save it right to a thumb drive.

You can also use a toolkit like Wugs NRT to make a nandroid with the N7 connected to a computer and the took kit will pull the backup off the device when done. Please be patient as the ADB transfer of a nandroid backup can take some time.

That's what I did. I used Wugs NRT to root my device and then saved nandroid backup. Was pretty simple process thanks to the easy to follow instructions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones