• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root just rooted today with gingerbreak and now one of my memory cards wont work

londonstylz

Jan 31, 2011
Hello i just rooted my optimus V today with gingerbreak (no Custom Firmware). Everything seemed to go off without a hitch, but now my 8gb sd card isnt recognized by the phone says "memory card has ben removed. please reinsert memory card." I also have a 2gb which i use for my camera and that works fine. Both are recognized by the computer through the cardslot. I tried formating the 8gb multiple times both with and without partitions with no luck. Like i said the computer brings it up fine but when i put it in the phone it acts as if there is no memory card inserted. PLEASE HELP!!!

edit : does anyone know what format it has to be in. ive ben doing fat32. can some please help me.

there is something really wierd going on here, i put the card in another phone and it recognized it fine. so the card is fine. but i have a 2gb that the optimus reads fine so the problem is not with the phone either. i have no idea how to fix this. can someone please give me some tips on how to possibly fix the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones