• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just switched from iphone to Android -- Can't find a spending app as good... help

Python49

Sep 9, 2013
On iphone I was using a spending app called cashtrails that had a few key features I need in my android app:

1) It let me input my transactions in any currency I wanted and be able to convert all of that to view a total USD such as below:

attachment

2) It allowed me to click either all of the transactions for either currency and view all the entries or just click the USD combined totals and view all those entries and show the breakdown for what they were tagged as:

attachment

3) Had the ability to categorize each entry into an account, group, party, and tag it, and then for your reports you could create any type of report you want that you could view at any time:

attachment

I've been trying to find an android app that can do all of this since cashtrails isn't available on android but they all seem to come up short. The app "Moneywise" came close but then for the graphs, it didn't allow me to graph based on the category, even though there were pictures online that suggested this function was available. In my app though all I see is:

attachment

I want to be able to filter entries by account and the tag, and then within that filter be able to see a breakdown of the chart by categories. For example if I have entries that I tag as being in manhattan I'd like to be able to filter for a certain group/account and then within that see a graph breakdown of the spending for the manhattan tag.

After using cashtrails everything else seems very inferior but I'd hate to have to carry around an iphone JUST for this app. I need it for business though. Anyone recommend?

Yeah it doesn't have any of those features unfortunately. One of my other vital/favorite apps doesn't work for android either and doesn't seem to have a replacement. These two are actually important enough to me that I'm thinking of just getting the newest iphone instead. I mainly wanted the android note 2 for bigger screen and ease of getting movies/music on but giving up these two apps is kind of a dealbreaker for me.

Upvote 0
Yeah it doesn't have any of those features unfortunately. One of my other vital/favorite apps doesn't work for android either and doesn't seem to have a replacement. These two are actually important enough to me that I'm thinking of just getting the newest iphone instead. I mainly wanted the android note 2 for bigger screen and ease of getting movies/music on but giving up these two apps is kind of a dealbreaker for me.

Oh, did you check the website? The expensify app is more of just an input relay and you do all of the other stuff on the website. But if you were looking for an onboard thing, i got nothing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones