• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

just upgraded to Gingerbread but phone wont show up to kies

saywhatt

so i just upgraded to Gingerbread.. my phone's settings showed that it's on gingerbread: baseband version: I9003XXKPH.. kernel version: 2.6.35.7-CL467143 se.infra@SEP-55 #1.. the problem is that my phone's theme's still on froyo.. you know, the typical one.. i dunno how to change it to the gingerbread theme.. and my phone wont connect to kies.. help?

Theme? You mean the launcher? It wont change no matter how many updates you do. Its the default touchwiz launcher. The other people you see with different icons, lockscreens and other stuff on their phones are using different launchers with custom themes, and lockscreen apps and whatnot.

Theme? You mean the launcher? It wont change no matter how many updates you do. Its the default touchwiz launcher. The other people you see with different icons, lockscreens and other stuff on their phones are using different launchers with custom themes, and lockscreen apps and whatnot.

thanks bro.. helped a lot.. do you mind if i ask if Honeycomb is better than Gingerbread?

You cant install Honeycomb on phones, its for tablets only. Next upgrade for phones is Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich. Nexus phone with ICS will be released later this year (December I think), and upgrades for non Nexus phones should be expected for release by next year.

tnx chanchan05 but im curious about saywhatt's update since he is also from the philippines. was really curious if it was from kies.@chanchan05, how did it go with manual update from megamall?

i dont think he updated through kies. he's on XXKPH. and i mentioned in my post that after this update, phone will not be recognized by kies anymore.

Back
Top Bottom