• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keeping Teamviewer active on phone

J1608sp

Lurker
I have TeamViewer host on my Samsung Galaxy S10+ which I want to keep active so that I can remotely access that phone from another phone. However, the TeamViewer goes inactive after only a few minutes. If I touch the phone, I see that there is a yellow dot that changes to green within a few seconds. However, I want to be able to "wake up" the TeamViewer on the phone without being able to access it physcially.

How can I do this? Is it related to the auto-sleeping? I tried adjusting the settings already. Or is there some setting I can put on TeamViewer?

Thank you!

I'm using the TeamViewer Host. Do I need a particular version? Thanks for the advice!
It could be a matter where the app is going to sleep or your online connectivity is going to sleep.
Check that in your Settings menu that the TeamViewer app isn't being 'optimized' in the Battery settings. Also check on your Settings >> WiFi menu for any 'Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep' option is enabled and/or you might need to enable your device's Developer options menu and enable any kind of 'Cellular data always active' option. (this cellular option will vary depending on your phone model)
https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/dev-options

Back
Top Bottom