• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL][Placeholder] Asus HD7 BSydz Custom Kernels BETA

BSydz

Android Expert
This just a place holder for now. Just want to let you guys know that I have built a custom kernel for our device and it boots, everything seems to work just fine.

This is my first custom kernel for the Asus Memo Pad HD7. This is a BETA build and I will need feedback.

For right now there will only be one kernel but I plan to build custom kernels for all available ROMs.

In order to use this kernel, you will have to unlock your bootloader, install Caliv recovery. Info can be found here [RECOVERY] [ROM] ASUS Memo Pad HD 7 (me173x) [MULTILANG] - xda-developers.

Once that process is completed you will have to flash http://androidforums.com/memo-pad-h...09-rom-stock-factory-us-asus-hd7-4-2-1-a.html

Once you have installed the ROM get all system updates.

Now we can install the kernel, make sure you are running ME173X_US_user_4.2.4.72702_20131128.

I plan on making a flashable zip, but for now this will have to be flashed through fastboot. You will also need Performance Control found here [APP][ROOT][4.0+] Performance Control - Open Source - xda-developers

I added governors, I/O schedulers and extra clock rates, but they are not accessible at this moment, I will post the kernel as soon as these issues are addressed.

Back
Top Bottom