• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help keyboard slow in messaging

ckbeme

Mar 15, 2015
Midwest
My galaxy s3 started this about a month ago. I'm using the factory messaging app. When I type a msg, it takes anywhere from 2 to 7 seconds for my characters to display.
I went to my message log where it shows who I have had messages with. I deleted every msg in every conversation. I thought that would help, but no luck. Any ideas out there?
Thanks,
Ck

My galaxy s3 started this about a month ago. I'm using the factory messaging app. When I type a msg, it takes anywhere from 2 to 7 seconds for my characters to display.
I went to my message log where it shows who I have had messages with. I deleted every msg in every conversation. I thought that would help, but no luck. Any ideas out there?
Thanks,
Ck
What keyboard are you using? Try clearing cache and data for the keyboard app. Or try a different keyboard. I just started using google messenger for texting and the google keyboard.

Upvote 0
Yeah I use the Google Messenger app too but use SwiftKey keyboard :thumbsupdroid:
I dig the way messenger takes the most prominent color in your contacts' photos and uses that color for their message bubble. Even with no photo it assigns some random material color. Sorry to go off topic.
And I also use Swiftkey on occasion.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Aye mate I kinda like that too :thumbsupdroid:
Thanks for the input. I've always used the Samsung kb but when I looked at settings swipe was also checked. I didn't change the setting??? Unless it changed when I made motion "swipe" to capture screenshot turned on swipe. I will try the google kb and swftkey. Cuz I cant use swipe either. I'll let u guys know what I choose. And I'll try google msngr too.
Thanks, Ck

Upvote 0
I use CM Clean Master. It notifies u when u have vuild up of cache and lista all apps. Then u click and it clears cache. KB has never been in that list. Where would I find KB cache?
Thanks, ck
In settings. Settings/more settings/ apps or application manager (I forget which one) then swipe left until you get to all apps. Then scroll down until you see the app you're looking for, in this case keyboard or Swype. Tap it. Then in that menu you will see options to clear data or cache and more.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones