• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help keyguard and PIN code

Is there a way to separate the slider keyguard from the PIN code? I want the code for protection, but it seems redundant to have to do the vertical slide during wakeup and then punch in a code. I have tried:
1) Keyguard disabling apps
2) Tasker programs, with and without the secure settings plug-in.
In all cases, I can successfully disable the keyguard but the PIN code is gone too. If the PIN code stays, so does the keyguard slider. Is there a way to uncouple the two?

Thanks,

DC

is there a seperate setting in your android settings for the lockscreen and not the pin?.

Not on stock. I actually solved the problem by switching to CM7 custom ROM (This thread is quite old, I wasn't getting much traction):

Menu-> settings-> CyanogenMod settings-> Lockscreen settings->Unlock options-> check "Skip on Security"

CM7 also took are of the annoying sound/vibration when the battery is fully charged in the middle of the night, and improved battery performance by a factor of 4. Why the stock OS is so crappy, I don't understand.:)

DC

Back
Top Bottom