• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Keypad wont work anymore

breakaleg

Lurker
Apr 18, 2011
Hey, were about to text a friend of mine yesterday, when i found out that the qwerty-keypad dont work any more. And im quite sure there is some kinda hardware glitch, since it actually works if i slide the screen just a tad above the space button, and i can reach+press the first row of letters (aka zxcvbn and m)
but when i slide it further it stops working.

Also, i found out this strange thing, that if i held my carpetknife, right above the D,C,F and V keys, it works, so it seems to me like it's some kind of magnet that's ****ed up?

Anyone else had this problem?
Thx in advance //Break

Hey, just registered here. I had the same problem with the mini Pro from my girlfriend. After quite a bit of searching I found your post (still no answer about solutions ;)). Although, something in your post that made my brain go turn in weird ways (it tends to do that), I decided to slide a magnet along the keyboard.
For some reason the keyboard worked again. After sliding the magnet a second time over the keyboard it stopped working again.

Got me pondering. My girls got her phone in a cover that contains two quite powerful magnets, could it be that these mess something up? On the save side, I have taken the magnets out of it.

Reactions: Richard Fairhurst
Upvote 0
Hey, just registered here. I had the same problem with the mini Pro from my girlfriend. After quite a bit of searching I found your post (still no answer about solutions ;)). Although, something in your post that made my brain go turn in weird ways (it tends to do that), I decided to slide a magnet along the keyboard.
For some reason the keyboard worked again. After sliding the magnet a second time over the keyboard it stopped working again.

Got me pondering. My girls got her phone in a cover that contains two quite powerful magnets, could it be that these mess something up? On the save side, I have taken the magnets out of it.

Got registered just to say thanks!

Had the same problem with my girl's phone: exactly as White Dust described, my girl carries a strong magnet next to her phone on her purse (the kind of magnet to lock/unlock Alarm security systems). So after I read this, I simply passed a fridge magnet over the phone's keyboard and voil

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones