• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kies Air won't let me upload?

bennylava

I want to put some of my music files on my ATT Samsung Galaxy S3. However, as you can see from the pic, I'm getting some kind of authorization error. How do I tell it that everything is ok and force it to let me put music on my phone?

Also, in case that fails, how can I just transfer songs directly via USB? I have never been good at that. It always just recognizes the device, then never shows the phones storage devices under "My Computer" in Windows. I'm using W7 if that makes a difference.

If you have an SD card (and reader), i find thats the best way to transfer files as im a total computard lol :)

On your phone go to settings
Wireless and networks
USB utilities
USB mass storage......to transfer between PC...phone

You may want to check the Kies settings. Same list under USB utilities scroll down to Kies via WiFi.

Wireless and networks
USB utilities

You may want to check the Kies settings. Same list under USB utilities scroll down to Kies via WiFi.

Thank you sir. That allowed me to at least be able to transfer files at all. But does anyone know why I'm unathorized to upload via Kies Air?

Wireless and networks
USB utilities

Google did away with USB Mass Storage with the onset of ICS. It now connect with MTP or PTP.

Back
Top Bottom