• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kies has update: MJ4 to NE4

while it will indeed work, i would highly suggest instead flashing twrp and then flashing supersu.zip to root so you keep the updated newer kernel.
So we would install ANE4 with Kies, flash TWRP using ODIN, and then SuperSu.zip if I get what you are suggesting? Since I have your kernel I guess I have to return to stock MJA first?

if you wish to do all that yes that is the "better way" of rooting it. you could instead grab the kernel from the odin tar (use soemthing like 7zip or whatever). grab my stock kernel flasher from my site and swap the boot.img in the zip to flash the new stock kernel.

that would be my suggestion to avoid rerooting and all that while still having the newest kernel :)

if you wish to do all that yes that is the "better way" of rooting it. you could instead grab the kernel from the odin tar (use soemthing like 7zip or whatever). grab my stock kernel flasher from my site and swap the boot.img in the zip to flash the new stock kernel.

that would be my suggestion to avoid rerooting and all that while still having the newest kernel :)
Thanks - it's a good idea except that the newer tar file is generally unavailable except on a hours-long download from an obscure source (I originally installed the update via Kies). Think I'll wait until I can find the tar elsewhere.

Here is the official link from Samsung...

Model: SGH-T399
Model name: GALAXY Light
Version: Android 4.2.2
Changelist: 2670712
Build date: Sun, 11 May 2014 16:22:28 +0000
Product Code: TMB
PDA: T399UVUANE4
CSC: T399TMBANE4
MODEM: T399UVUANE4

Instructions

• Extract (unzip) the firmware file
  • Download Odin v3.09
  • Extract Odin zip-file
  • Open Odin v3.09
  • Reboot phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
  • Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
  • Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
  • Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
  • Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes

http://dl.sammobile.com/IFtQSjwlISk...BGU5OW1lCUUI./T399UVUANE4_T399TMBANE4_TMB.zip

Here is the stock Kernel: https://mega.co.nz/#!Ns1l2YaI!VQe1Hgw-u23OrIxbH-PnrmQhypgqxtrmz2ErXAEgSa8

Back
Top Bottom