• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Kies not connecting over WiFi

houndstooth

Jun 20, 2011
So I turn on Kies on my phone and get it to broadcast an IP address/port. It's my understanding that I should be able to put that info in my browser and then connect wirelessly. Both are on the same network, but the browser just times out. It seems like most of the searches are about problems connecting through the PC software or through USB. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Just tried it in IE and it worked fine. Maybe Chrome is the problem.

So I turn on Kies on my phone and get it to broadcast an IP address/port. It's my understanding that I should be able to put that info in my browser and then connect wirelessly. Both are on the same network, but the browser just times out. It seems like most of the searches are about problems connecting through the PC software or through USB. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Just tried it in IE and it worked fine. Maybe Chrome is the problem.

Glad you got it going, houndstooth. :)

I am suspicious of Kies in general, as we see reports going all over the place on remedies for connection/functionality. If using IE did the trick, good on ya and thanks for the edit/update, as that can be an option for others with those issues. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones