• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Kindle Fire 2nd Generation

We live in Australia and bought a Kindle Fire from the new Australian Kindle website for our grandson which seems to be a big mistake, he is not able to purchase apps through Amazon (even free), without a USA Credit Card, nor is he able to purchase from Google Play, seems he needs more software.
I feel I should help him as we have purchased one each for two other grandchildren which we purchased via a MyUS address, they have not been into Apps and to date this has not been a problem.
Can anyone help with the simplest way I could make their Kindle Fires fully functional as a Tablet which is why we bought it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Paul and Welcome to AF.

I wish I could be of some help to you with this issue. You might want to check out the Kindle Fire forums for support/help from those who've been where you're at. They're better prepared to guide you in the right direction.

I've moved your thread to our Kindle Fire section for better visibility. :D

You can install 1mobile's app store from 1mobile.com if you enable "Allow installation of Applications from unknown sources" in the Device section of your kindle's settings menu, or use 4shared as detailed in the link in the post above.

Your other option is to root the tablet and install the google play store which would resolve all issues.

I know it's not exactly the point, it's stupid that Amazon restrict their app store so much.

Back
Top Bottom