• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

kit kat terrible signal since updated (new patch coming)

My daughter does not have it either yet. It just may take a few days for everyone to get it available to them. Remember the battery I think needs to be above 50% or on AC to see an update.

I can tell you that if you have root access before the patch you will afterwards. I think once accepted root is not possible.

[SOAK] 4.4.2 183.46.14 + 183.46.15 patch - VZW Droid Razr/Razr Maxx HD General [XT926] - {Q&A, Discussion} - DroidRzr.com

Unless you have an unlocked bootloader. If you do, then you can root via custom recovery. If you do not unlock the bootloader on the 183.46.10 version before accepting this latest OTA, then you are SOL as far as unlocking the bootloader, which also means, no root. Towelroot, which works on 183.46.10, does NOT work on 183.46.15, and at this time, there is no root exploit for the latest OTA (183.46.15).
 
Unless you have an unlocked bootloader. If you do, then you can root via custom recovery. If you do not unlock the bootloader on the 183.46.10 version before accepting this latest OTA, then you are SOL as far as unlocking the bootloader, which also means, no root. Towelroot, which works on 183.46.10, does NOT work on 183.46.15, and at this time, there is no root exploit for the latest OTA (183.46.15).

Right, I was already unlocked and after the update still am. While there do not seem to be any custom roms right now over the 4.4.2 it is still nice to be unlocked. Example being able to set the tweak discussed in another thread. Without the unlock, you are done.

Kind of early yet but at 12 hours on battery at 96% left, so that is promising.
 
Well at 1d2h on battery at 84% left so it does not appear any significant difference in battery drain.

Also a warning from Google to uninstall towelroot as it may be harmful.
 
I just checked for the patch, and was surprised to find it was available. It just finished installing successfully, so I'm hoping tomorrow I'll see a return to the great battery life I used to have before "upgrading" to KitKat.
 
Well battery is slightly better, now 54% and 2d10h. I used to get 7-10 days with no problem before KK. I was getting 2d0h at apr. 54% before this new patch.
 
well, after having it a few days now on a razr hd maxx and a razr m, i can say this update seems to have changed nothing for me. Signal is not any better and it is worse if anything. Not what they promised.
 
well, after having it a few days now on a razr hd maxx and a razr m, i can say this update seems to have changed nothing for me. Signal is not any better and it is worse if anything. Not what they promised.
As far as I can tell, it's done nothing to help my Razr Maxx HD.
 
Also want to add, tried to use my camera last night on my razr maxx hd and its junk now!!! Keeps freezing in the live veiw before i snap the picture. junk
 
This update has not improved my phone one bit either, including the bluetooth issues remaining.

I never had the BT issue so I can not comment on it. I can tell you, as in the other thread, that now that the update has settled in the battery for me is slightly improved. 3D12H and 47% of the battery left now I am charging.

Before this update I would get too 2D and a few hours at 50%. Before KK I could get to 7-10 days and over 20% so I never felt a need to charge early at all. At that time I just charged every Sunday Night and then was good for the week.

Now it could be I am pretty much back where I was but now that I use the translucent nav and status bar the extra battery usage keeps me from that 7 day mark. Charging 2 times a week though would be acceptable.
 
Back
Top Bottom