• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

KK2 and KK5 Android 2.3.6 now out

You only get the yellow triangle if you root and even so, its easy to remove.
some prefer to keep it as a mark of defiance.

And by the way, Updating through Odin is FAR more reliable and faster than Kies. You are much more likely to suffer by updating though Kies compared Odin. I've heard quite a number of Kies "hangs" during updating lately.

Reactions: Remeniz
Upvote 0
You only get the yellow triangle if you root and even so, its easy to remove.
some prefer to keep it as a mark of defiance.

And by the way, Updating through Odin is FAR more reliable and faster than Kies. You are much more likely to suffer by updating though Kies compared Odin. I've heard quite a number of Kies "hangs" during updating lately.

Excellent. Can you direct me to the instructions? :)

Upvote 0
If you use Kies and it says you are up to date then thats what you "should" be on.

However, if you use Odin, then you can be on whatever you want. Its up to you.
KK5 is the latest.
You are on KI3 which is only about 6 weeks old or so

Use the links above if you want to try out something else.

Am I right in assuming the Stock ROMS do not support BLN?
If they do not (which I suspect) then I'll give KK5 a miss
If they do, then as JKay is now in the grips of it, I will probably give it a go.

Upvote 0
Help! I just did this with Odin and now keep getting the message "The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". Anyone know what's wrong & how to fix it?

This is what I've got:
Version
Baseband
I9100XXKI3
Kernel
2.6.35.7-I9100XWKK5-CL754841
root@DELL144#2
Build
GINGERBREAD.XWKK5

I think (well..thought!) I know how to Flash using Odin. Could someone point me at a set of files for Odin (Pit/Bootloader/PDA/Phone/CSC - whichever appropriate) that will fix my phone.

It's using a Vodafone sim, unbranded phone, UK.

Thank you VERY much if you can help.

FIXED (I think). Found the files for 2.3.5 and re-installed. Back working again. Will leave 2.3.6 for another day! :eek:)

Upvote 0
I have an unlocked / unbranded I9100 and run it on Rogers network in Canada. When I look at the KK5 pkg on XDA, it shows multiple CSC files for specific carriers. Since Rogers doesn't carry the S2, there obviously isnt' a CSC file for that carrier. Does it matter if I use the CSC file in the KK5 pkg or should I avoid this firmware? Also, when you guys say it WIPES your phone, does that mean all data is gone?

Upvote 0
Can I quickly ask....

How do I know that this update firmware is suitable for my phone?

What numbers am I looking for to confirm compatibility?

Just don't want to do any damage before I start ODIN and start flashing.

:)

As long as you have the international I9100 then any of the packages will work on your phone. Its just a case of finding one that suits you. Generally then newer the better becuase bugs get fixed.
Just write down the firmware, baseband, kernel and android version you are on now so that if for some reason the package is not working well for you, then you can insatall your old firmware again.

Reactions: Remeniz
Upvote 0
I have an unlocked / unbranded I9100 and run it on Rogers network in Canada. When I look at the KK5 pkg on XDA, it shows multiple CSC files for specific carriers. Since Rogers doesn't carry the S2, there obviously isnt' a CSC file for that carrier. Does it matter if I use the CSC file in the KK5 pkg or should I avoid this firmware? Also, when you guys say it WIPES your phone, does that mean all data is gone?

You can try flash Frankenstein Non-Wipe package XXKI3 for first time.
no matter about CSC if everything work with phone, OTW, you can flash Bell CSC alone.

I have Frankenstein XXKJ3 on my Bell GT-9100M run on Rogers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones