• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Kyocera Rise: Flicking to Answer A Call - Can it be changed?

Hello, All.
I have a VirginMobile Kyocera Rise that I like except for one thing. That one thing is driving me up the wall! is the "flick to answer, or to dismiss or to ignore" option. I hate to get calls because I'll usually miss them because I'm nearly breaking my finger trying to flick it properly to pick up the call. I did this in the presence of one of friends and she was nearly in hysterics watching me. I've been searching but haven't found anything. Is it a kyocera thing? Is there an Android App that will allow me to tap or swipe/drag? Help! I am so close to getting a new phone even an older one with definite call answer and call end buttons!

Hello, All.
I have a VirginMobile Kyocera Rise that I like except for one thing. That one thing is driving me up the wall! is the "flick to answer, or to dismiss or to ignore" option. I hate to get calls because I'll usually miss them because I'm nearly breaking my finger trying to flick it properly to pick up the call. I did this in the presence of one of friends and she was nearly in hysterics watching me. I've been searching but haven't found anything. Is it a kyocera thing? Is there an Android App that will allow me to tap or swipe/drag? Help! I am so close to getting a new phone even an older one with definite call answer and call end buttons!

So far as I know, I never found a fix. I don't know how many phone calls this 'flick' thing made me almost miss, but I never saw another phone with it. I also only ever had phones with

Android 2.2, 2.3.5, 2.3.6, 2.3.7, 4.0.4 (the Rise), and 4.1.2, so it might be an Android 4.0.4 thing.

There are apps which chang your lock screen. GoLocker is one but there are many more.

I suggest try looking into those of different launchers like nova, atom, adw, etc.

One of them may have what you are looking for with calls. You will just need to try them out.

Back
Top Bottom