• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root *L70 Bootloader info*

biggiephil

Android Enthusiast
Last night, after speaking with MikeHoncho and sammyz and others, I had to unbrick my L70 again...and before I was going to re unlock the boot loader Mike and sammyz suggested to see if it was still unlocked, and yeah it was. So I came to the conclusion that *You DO NOT need to re unlock your boot loader after unbricking our L70s*

You would need to unlock unless the stock ROM your flashing is unlocked . remember this is a unbrick you want it back to stock as close as you can . so yes if you bricked a unlock is required.

You would need to unlock unless the stock ROM your flashing is unlocked . remember this is a unbrick you want it back to stock as close as you can . so yes if you bricked a unlock is required.

Nah, it doesn't work like that. Reflashing firmware may flash every partition, but its more than just partitions when you unlock the phone. Once unlocked, always unlocked unless you run "fastboot oem lock" which we haven't yet tested to see if it re-locks it.

Edit: cannot relock, once unlocked, always unlocked forever.

O OK so the L70 is something like some of the Sony devices you have to lock back when your done playing which is better cause I Dont think the lg g2 was like that .

:eek::what:

Not even if you tried to send the commands through side load adb
Cant do fastboot commands via adb :p

I booted to fastboot
Ran:
fastboot oem lock (just hung there, meaning it didn't accept the command)
fastboot oem device-info
and the info said it was still unlocked

I looked through the aboot and oem lock is not a command while unlock and device-info is.
So unlocking may irrevocably void the warranty?

It does void the warranty. But MetroPCS employees aren't always the brightest :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom