• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lack of Memory and Pictures Storage Problem

Blazin65

I tried to download an app the other day and I got the error message not enough memory. I'm no stranger to this error message, I know this phone doesn't have alot of memory.

However, this is where I'm confused. When I click on phone storage under the general settings, it says that there is 1.19 GB of applications, and 278MB of pictures. The available space is still 174 MB (which doesn't make sense because I could not download a 32 MB app.

So anyway, my friend was telling me that I could plug my phone into my computer and move all the pictures to my computer and free up 278 MB. When I plugged my phone into the computer and explored the phone, it says that all of the pictures are already on the SD card.

So I'm really confused. I'mpretty much at a standstill on this phone as far as being able to add any other application, and there is supposedly 278 MB that can be freed up, but then that seems false.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

I tried to download an app the other day and I got the error message not enough memory. I'm no stranger to this error message, I know this phone doesn't have alot of memory.

However, this is where I'm confused. When I click on phone storage under the general settings, it says that there is 1.19 GB of applications, and 278MB of pictures. The available space is still 174 MB (which doesn't make sense because I could not download a 32 MB app.

So anyway, my friend was telling me that I could plug my phone into my computer and move all the pictures to my computer and free up 278 MB. When I plugged my phone into the computer and explored the phone, it says that all of the pictures are already on the SD card.

So I'm really confused. I'mpretty much at a standstill on this phone as far as being able to add any other application, and there is supposedly 278 MB that can be freed up, but then that seems false.

Can anyone help me figure this out?
Once you get that low on storage, apps will refuse to install. It has to save room for caches and system use. Just put the pictures on your PC and delete them from your phone. Set your camera to store pics on your sdcard. Also if you are rooted you can create a 2nd ext4 partition on your sdcard and use link2sd to put apps on your SD card.[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom