• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lap Dock 500 Pro Review

Jntheir

Lurker
Jan 13, 2012
Hello, I am new to this forum but I fel teh need to give a review of the Lapdock 500 Pro by motorolla.

Overall its a great device. :D

The picture is great for video watching. I am currently watching Netflix as we speak. Only problem with Netflix is you cant watch it in full scren mode it keeps giving me an error saying that It cant connect to Netflix servers. Now this does not mean you cnat watch it on a large scale. Since you have to launch netflis from your Mobile View what you can do is hit the Maximize window but in the top right that will giove you a large enough view. the problem is if you then hit the fullscreen button in the bottom thats when you get the error. The only major difference is the white bar across the top of teh screen(which is what shows you the apps that are open on your phone) the top and bottom of the mobile view window and the notification bar. Overeal great experience.

The Firefox browser is great I have no real complaints. If you have a browser app like Dolphin on your phone you can still use in but I recommend changing it to Desktop view.

The keyboard is above average. the only problem that I see is the board pushes in a little when typing. Nothing tht would cause any hardship while typing but an observation none the less.

Remember if you put a SD card in, that anytime you remove it you unmount it first or you will keep getting an error message on your phone when you disconnect it from the dock.

The track pad is not as bad as some people make it seem. the only real down side is that the far left left click and far right right click are not responsive and sor of feel like they are not attached to any thing. If you are use to hitting the very edge you will need learn to adust. I just tap the actual track pad instead of right clicking.

Overall like I said this is the best thing that could have happpened to a cell phone. Any questions let me know I will test almost anything out if I can.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones