• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Latest HTC Hero 2.1 ROM leak [with how-to video]

I'm thinking about doing this. For the people that have already, any problems yet? And if i have this on my phone will i still be able to get the official sprint update if i decide to? Thanks in advance.

Its worth it i think, i have had no issues since doing the update a couple of days ago. Dont worry when sprint finally gets around to releasing the official update you will be able to update to. Plus it will be good practice since im thinking we will have to install the update the same way. Just make sure you back up contacts etc.

Upvote 0
I flashed the ROM 24 hours ago, and I am happy with it. I hope that it's not the final, final release because the cool copy/paste shown on the Desire and Legend isn't present. In either case, I think it's an upgrade. The lag is reduced (but not eliminated). Battery life seems better, too.

One thing that it does now, and I've not been able to stop, is that contacts from Facebook are synced to the phone, in addition to Google contacts. I've not had much luck at preventing this yet.

Upvote 0
Its worth it i think, i have had no issues since doing the update a couple of days ago. Dont worry when sprint finally gets around to releasing the official update you will be able to update to. Plus it will be good practice since im thinking we will have to install the update the same way. Just make sure you back up contacts etc.

Cool thanks for the respond. I think I'm going to do it first thing in the morning. If I wanted to go back on 1.5 for any reason, would there be a way to?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Latest HTC Hero 2.1 ROM leak [with how-to video] | DroidDog Android Blog

check it out. I am running 2.1 without rooting and took about 5 minutes.

I was hesitant to try this, but went ahead and installed the latest HTC Sync to my Windows 7 computer, downloaded the RUU file and completed the upgrade in less than 15 minutes.

I have to admit, I was a bit worried after the process reported it was finished as my HERO's seemed to be locked and none of the buttons made any difference. I removed and replaced the battery...and still, it made no difference. Then, a couple of minutes later, all of a sudden, my HERO sprang to life, prompting me to complete its activation.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to share this with us.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones