• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Latest update STILL not fixed the keyboard flicker

bonerp

Android Expert
This is getting tedious now....another 4.3 update and still no fixed to the flicker caused by the keyboard being on.
Was hoping it was 4.4. If its still not fixed then, it'll be going back yet again. They won't be able to fix it as its a software problem....this is my 3rd doing this.
Time to look for a new tablet if 4.4 doesnt cure it - and it won't be Sony.

I have never seen this issue and find the Tab Z to be excellent...

Have you tried another keyboard? I use the Google keyboard anyway through preference.

tried loads of keyboards including swift. Just installed 4.4.2 and its still doing it. I've written to John Lewis stating its a piece of @~*%. On xda developers there are lots of people with the same issue.
It doesnt happen on any other device I have and didnt happen on 4.2. Only since 4.3

Had a web chat with Sony and they've asked me to send it to them for looking at....again. Hopefully this time they can resolve the issue.

well i received it back after a load of components were changed but turned it on and within 5 mins the same flickering occurs. Took it back to John Lewis who kindly changed it for a z2 and i paid the difference. Shame thats got problems too, with regard to screen sensitivity. It also lags as soon as the sensitivity drops. Its inconsistent. Took that back too. Sony are rubbish at customer support and clearly cant make a tablet that works as it should. Either that or i'm unlucky along with the large number of other people who have wasted their money of Sony tablets. Its a shame as its a nice looking device.

This'll be my last. Got a refund/vouchers so waiting to see the samsung tab s....

Back
Top Bottom