• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Launcher with profiles, scenes or something like?

Is there a launcher with a profile-like or scene-like implementation? I would like to have two profiles (or scenes), one for my work time and one for my lazy time, with different layout, wallpaper and widgets.

Got used to that with my old WM HD2 device and SPB Mobile Shell, and also with my HTC Desire and its Sense scenes.

I have checked ADW.Launcher and Launcher Pro in my Nexus S, but they don't have that feature.

I was wondering if there's a launcher that has something similar to HTC Sense 'scene'? Currently using ADW, and it doesn't have it. I don't think LP+ has it either when I used it last, last year. And saving your setting doesn't work as they don't load widgets when you're restoring them. I want to have a number of launcher profiles and easily change from one to the other.

Thanks,
Roze

Upvote 0
I was wondering if there's a launcher that has something similar to HTC Sense 'scene'? Currently using ADW, and it doesn't have it. I don't think LP+ has it either when I used it last, last year. And saving your setting doesn't work as they don't load widgets when you're restoring them. I want to have a number of launcher profiles and easily change from one to the other.

Thanks,
Roze

I have not seen that in any of the launchers, but why don't you guys just set up 2 launchers (ADW and Go for example) each one with a different setup and then switch from one to the other? Sounds like what you want to achieve.

Upvote 0
really? what about your feeling?
I did this with my Nexus One. I had the home launcher with one theme, LP+ with another and ADW with a different theme. As the N1 doesn't have much memory allocated to apps (<200), the setup became a real resource hog.

I wonder if you guys cant just use more homescreens? I mean on Go Launcher EX I could go beyond 9 homescreens if I wanted to. I only use 5, but I once tried just clicking on add screen until it reached 18, and even then showed the option to add more.

It's not the same as each launcher has its own 'theme' that is completely different from the other launchers.

I might start bugging the launcher developers to see if they will include 'scenes' in their app if noone knows if any of the home launcher has this option.

Upvote 0
I use 7 screens on GO Launcher. Multi-Picture Live wallpaper will let you put a different picture on each screen. Auto App Organizer will let you make different folders with whatever icons you want (like "Work Games", and "Home-Games", different game icon on each). Can use Minimalistic Text (or several others) to label screens (and/or launch any app). Really pretty easy to "create your own" Work and Home themes. Or you could also just switch between launchers and create your own theme on each launcher.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones