• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LauncherPro and Battery Life

cmathis

I've read about some people having battery problems after running LP on Sense devices, but what about on the X? Does LP drain the battery any more than the stock Motorola launcher?

I have never run the stock Moto launcher, only LP. I've had awesome battery life. The biggest thing is though is how much you use it. I've used it so much because I've been downloading, customizing, doing this, doing that, and so forth.

I have had ZERO issues with LP and the Droid X. Battery life is awesome.

Just as an aside, whatever battery optimizations motorola has put into play work. HTC needs to see if they can borrow a page from Moto's book.

I miss, a lot, having root (I still have my Droid for when I get nostalgic), but the X, so far, is awesome.

LP is fine on my X. Love it! If you go into settings ---> battery manager ---> battery use it only eats up about 2% of my battery.

is there some setting that you have to change in order to use LauncherPro Beta? I can't open it, but everyone else seems to be doing fine on their X.

launcherpro works now. my launcher spontaneously changed to launcher pro.. HOWEVER, because resizing of the widgets are impossible, im going to have to go back to my default launcher.. resizing widgets are critical to my droid! hopefully they'll fix this soon and i'll be able to use this Launcher Pro.. i like it a lot better than the stock launcher!

just read the developer's reply to the question of being able to resize widgets on the Droid X. and his reply was:
"I don’t know if it’s possible to include resizing for those widgets in 3rd party launchers, and I don’t have a Droid X to test. So unless you want to send me a free Droid X, the answer is no :)"

sad day... question is should i use launcherpro and not resize widgets or use stock launcher and resize widgets?

LP is fine on my X. Love it! If you go into settings ---> battery manager ---> battery use it only eats up about 2% of my battery.
How did you get the battery manager to display battery use for LP? Mine shows the display, standby, and idle. Sometimes it shows other things (so far, only google maps and my weather channel app), but it never shows LP or any other apps I regularly use.

Back