• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LED alternating colors while charging?

So, my Eris has been charging for a while, and I was playing Cestos, and noticed my LED was alternating between Green and Amber. So I exited my game, thinking I probably had an E-mail.
Well I didn't.
I unplugged my charger, plugged it back in, and it continued this for about 15 minutes.
It isn't doing it now, but I just would like to know the cause of it.
Thank you.

Amber = Battery not fully charged, but currently plugged in
Green = Battery fully charged, and plugged in.

I'm guessing you were at about 99.9 percent charged, and you were using enough juice that it would trigger to charge, hit 100, stop charging, drop low enough to trigger charging, hit 100....

See where I'm going?

NO. Alternating LED means your battery is overheating. Get Spare Parts so you can access the battery info screen. A cold can of pop works really well as a heat sink for me when I'm tethering. Matt

NO. Alternating LED means your battery is overheating. Get Spare Parts so you can access the battery info screen. A cold can of pop works really well as a heat sink for me when I'm tethering. Matt

Not that I doubt you, but where'd you get that bit of information? I just checked the manual and there is no reference to that. But I'm fully willing to accept that the manual doesn't cover 100% of the phones functions.

Not that I doubt you, but where'd you get that bit of information? I just checked the manual and there is no reference to that. But I'm fully willing to accept that the manual doesn't cover 100% of the phones functions.

If you access the battery info screen while the LED is alternating, yet will see what I mean. The battery health line will say ''overheat'' if your battery is overheating.

Every time I've had the above LED activity, this has been the explanation. I assume if the battery gets too hot the phone will explode, knocking the Earth out of orbit.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom