• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LeeDroid A2SD+ Question

DC E1G

Okay, so today I formatted and partitioned my SD card using Gparted with an ext3 partition for use with LeeDroid A2SD. But, I tried to see if I could get away with doing the flash sans wipe since it isn't recommend coming from stock.

Now I have two questions:

1. Will new apps automatically be wirtten to the partition?
  2. Will I need to do anything with the apps that were originally on the SD card once I restore data to it? Or will they automatically go to the partition if I pick move to phone?
Thanks to all,

I couldn't have managed to get this far without reading lots of great posts by you guys.

Okay, so today I formatted and partitioned my SD card using Gparted with an ext3 partition for use with LeeDroid A2SD. But, I tried to see if I could get away with doing the flash sans wipe since it isn't recommend coming from stock.
It's probably more correct to say that it isn't required coming from stock.
But you should be OK - when I first added A2SD+ to a rooted stock ROM I didn't wipe either. If you've not already flashed, make sure you have both Titanium and nandroid backups before you do it (Ti so that if it messes up you can just wipe and try again, nandroid is just obligatory before flashing).
Now I have two questions:

1. Will new apps automatically be wirtten to the partition?
  2. Will I need to do anything with the apps that were originally on the SD card once I restore data to it? Or will they automatically go to the partition if I pick move to phone?
Thanks to all,

I couldn't have managed to get this far without reading lots of great posts by you guys.

1. Not sure what the default will be in LeeDroid, but I'd expect it will for most apps. LeeDroid may include the "mod install location" app (or you can install it if not), so you could run that and check it is set to "internal". If it's at "auto" by default some apps may default to SD, but most will go to phone anyway.
  2. The advice is to move as many of your apps to phone before flashing, so that they will go straight to the ext partition. But you can indeed use the manage applications menu to move any of the remaining ones to phone, which will put them on the ext partition.
I guess I could have been less verbose and said "yes, and yes" ;)

Yeah, I took all the required back up steps before hand just in case I really screwed up.

Where can I find "Mod install location?" A market search didn't turn anything up.

Also, when I re-installed Flash Player (I had uninstalled all updates to free up space when I downloaded Titanium), it seems to have gone onto the internal memory. Whilst all my other apps appear to have settled on the partition. Is there any reason for this?

Many thanks!

EDIT: According to Quick System info there is no A2SD storage although I followed a video to the T on how to do and ran LeeDroid w/ A2SD +. Going to reflash my ROM, any suggestions if that doesn't work?
What is the order of the partitions on your SD card? Viewed in GParted it should, if I remember right, be fat32 followed by ext3 (reading the diagram left to right) - it won't work if the order is wrong.

What is the order of the partitions on your SD card? Viewed in GParted it should, if I remember right, be fat32 followed by ext3 (reading the diagram left to right) - it won't work if the order is wrong.

I did indeed go FAT32 then ext3. A quick reboot and disconnecting from my PC seems to have fixed everything except for where Flash Player is installing.

Yeah, I took all the required back up steps before hand just in case I really screwed up.

Where can I find "Mod install location?" A market search didn't turn anything up.

Also, when I re-installed Flash Player (I had uninstalled all updates to free up space when I downloaded Titanium), it seems to have gone onto the internal memory. Whilst all my other apps appear to have settled on the partition. Is there any reason for this?

Many thanks!
Ah, I thought from your previous edit that your A2SD partition wasn't working, but this last bit sounds like it is. In which case, ignore my last post.

The flash player thing may be because that app is set to install to SD by default, so if your install location is "auto" that is what it will do. You can of course just move it if you prefer.

I thought that mod install location might be included in LeeDroid, because a lot of stuff is. But there's a link to the apk in this thread. Might be that some other app like Spare Parts can adjust this too, but I don't have a copy of that at the moment to check.

Back
Top Bottom