• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

lg c800 help.. possibly bricked

ok, im trying to fix this for my niece who seriously F'd this thing up loL! basically i have a c800 / my touch q, it has no sd card in it and it took me a few mins but finally got the system recovery screen up, once in i can use the volume keys to scroll through the options, but power button will not select any options, guessing no sd card? otherwise with just powering the phone on it stays on the LG logo.. any help on a img file or something i can put on a sd card and pop in this thing or any advice to get it working again would be great!

What you need to do is put a backup of the ROM into the SD card. It should be saved under the following directory, clockworkmod/backup. From the recovery screen select backup/restore. Select restore, then select the file name of the backup and press the power key. Let the phone reboot and reinstall the software, after that you should be ok.

I tried using KDZ updater, ADB, (which I dont know how to use) but the thing is that I think I installed a wrong recovery on my phone. I did that through Root Explorer and then flashed a wrong recovery through ROM Manager. Is there any possible way to unbrick it? Its my mom's phone, she'll kill me...

Jo3yParasit3, the above applies to your situation also. As long as you have a backup of the ROM you'll be ok. If not, try finding a backup online our some where in these forums. Follow the steps listed above and it'll be ok.

No, what you want to do is put it into recovery mode either using the Android SDK tool or the key combo on the phone.
From there select the backup/restore option in the menu and press the power button. You should get a sub-menu with the available options. Select restore from sd and press the power button again. Then select the ROM version you need and press the power button again. It will reinstall the software from your sd card and you should be ok after that.

Hey, here is a random thought... LG just recently released an update for the MyTouch... Have you tried downloading the LG mobile update tool and using that?

I NEED HELP TO lol i just got this lg-c800g and i turned it off and now it wont boot up, i have got it to go into restore mode with the little box unpacking but then it stops and reboots then goes to LG screen and hangs and doesnt do anything after that.
i have tried all key combinations to get into recovery and nothing works at all so if anyone can help me that would be awesome iv been searching but there isnt much on the net about this phone

Back
Top Bottom