• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG G4 H815

JimKnuckles

Android Enthusiast
Hello all

i'm a note 4 user and am looking to change to the G4.

I'm looking at getting this unlocked international version from LG off of Amazon. i dont have an upgrade and its substantially cheaper than buying from AT&T. More importantly than the price, i'm excited to be able to root and then download a cyanogenmod rom once one is built for this device. something i really miss since leaving sprint for AT&T.

I've never bought an international device, i've always bought from the carrier. Are any of you using this device on AT&T. I should be able to just put my note 4 sim into this device, and get on AT&T's APN fairly easy right? How do you get software updates?

Is there any reason i should be wary and not do this?

thanks

Last edited:
I'm using the H815 on the US AT&T network without issues. Software updates will come from LG. If you're concerned they might not come OTA (I don't know why they wouldn't, especially over WiFi), you can install LG Bridge on a PC and use it to check for updates while the G4 is connected via USB. (That software also makes the contents of the G4, internal and SD card, available in Windows Explorer over WiFi -- pretty cool).

Back
Top Bottom