• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Keyboard?????

**Idk if this has been posted before or not, sorry if its a repeat thread!!**

I upgraded to the Esteem from the Optimus M back in February. I love it!! My only issue is the LG Keyboard. With the Optimus, i miss being able to "tap again to add" words to the user dictionary, but it can only be done with the swype keyboard on the Esteem. i tried looking for the .apk file for the Optimus keyboard but no luck. would it even run on the esteem??? & if it can CAN SUMBODY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE POINT ME TO IT??? :o) thanx in advance for any help & responses!!

it has an lg keyboard go into the phone settings then click on language & keyboard. click on input method. you should see the lg keyboard

**Idk if this has been posted before or not, sorry if its a repeat thread!!**

I upgraded to the Esteem from the Optimus M back in February. I love it!! My only issue is the LG Keyboard. With the Optimus, i miss being able to "tap again to add" words to the user dictionary, but it can only be done with the swype keyboard on the Esteem. i tried looking for the .apk file for the Optimus keyboard but no luck. would it even run on the esteem??? & if it can CAN SUMBODY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE POINT ME TO IT??? :o) thanx in advance for any help & responses!!

Welcome to AF GEMINI!!This is a custom HTC keyboard I use for bluemoon theme its blue and black and you could add words to the dictionary try it out
http://db.tt/G8tFpWHQ

Stock Lg keyboard i just flashed it two days ago working 100% on the esteem no flaws!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fcikdz3iewmswpq/LG_IME_2.3.zip

flash it through cwm then go to language & keyboard and change your keyboard to Lg ime

screenshot1343628940076.png

screenshot1343628828276.png

make sure its in qwerty settings before using
just go to Lg ime settings then select keypad type and select qwerty and ur good to go :D

screenshot1343629091574.png

Thanx for the help guys!! really appreciate it!! BUT: The HTC Keyboard wont work. i copied the apk into the system folder but it keeps force closing even wen I'm not doing sumthing requiring text. the LG IME Keyboard is nice on account of my long small fingers, but word suggestions dont come up & i still have to type everything out. it doesnt even show the words i already saved :-(are there a group of stock keyboards i can try out or does anyone have the keyboard apk from the optimus??

Thanx for the help guys!! really appreciate it!! BUT: The HTC Keyboard wont work. i copied the apk into the system folder but it keeps force closing even wen I'm not doing sumthing requiring text. the LG IME Keyboard is nice on account of my long small fingers, but word suggestions dont come up & i still have to type everything out. it doesnt even show the words i already saved :-(are there a group of stock keyboards i can try out or does anyone have the keyboard apk from the optimus??

Don't copy the HTC keyboard to system just click and install like normal I've been using it for awhile.

Sent from my typewriter.

sorry about that i dont use it just had it cuz i saw a really nize theme for it but ofcourse i couldnt get it to install :( anyways i know u will find one that works for ya.

Back
Top Bottom