• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lg motion wont charge with other adapter

Devendra95

Jul 13, 2012
Hi, i currently use my old android phone's charger to charge my motion every night. It charges and works fine. Yesterday i took the charger that came with the motion and charged it for a bit in school. When i came home that night i plugged my motion in the other charger and went to bed. When i woke up this morning, my phone was at 20% battery with the charging indication in full swing. I recalled that i plugged the phone in at 53% battery. I have no clue how this is happening.

Also, theres a slight difference in the amps of the two chargers. The old phone's one is 0.3 amps (i think) and the motion's charger is 0.7 amps.
I dont know if that has anything to do with the problem.

The charger that comes with the Motion is actually rated at 1.2A output. If yours has less it may be the wrong one.
I doubt your old one is .3, most of the older phone chargers were at least .5A.
I'd try pulling the battery to reset the phone, then try the LG charger again.
Make sure no apps are running during charging that can drain the battery (such as streaming).

Reactions: Devendra95
Upvote 0
The charger that comes with the Motion is actually rated at 1.2A output. If yours has less it may be the wrong one.
I doubt your old one is .3, most of the older phone chargers were at least .5A.
I'd try pulling the battery to reset the phone, then try the LG charger again.
Make sure no apps are running during charging that can drain the battery (such as streaming).

Yes! The motion charger is 1.2 amps. I just checked it. However, the older charger is less (around 0.7amp) i think. Do you what could be causing this problem with the phone not charging?

Upvote 0
Well any charger less than 1A will only charge your phone at the slower rate. When you first plug it in a notification should come up that says it's slow charging. That said, it will still charge the phone it will just take longer.
If the charger is defective, or as I mentioned you have something running on the phone that is drawing a significant amount of current, it's possible the battery won't charge and may actually discharge.
But the above are only guesses, I can't say much more without seeing it.

Upvote 0
Well any charger less than 1A will only charge your phone at the slower rate. When you first plug it in a notification should come up that says it's slow charging. That said, it will still charge the phone it will just take longer.
If the charger is defective, or as I mentioned you have something running on the phone that is drawing a significant amount of current, it's possible the battery won't charge and may actually discharge.
But the above are only guesses, I can't say much more without seeing it.

Okay thank you very much for helping me. I'll use the lg charger from now on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones