• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Optimus F3 versus Huawei Premia

phillyundead

Anyone on Metro should consider the Premia. It's noticeably faster and has the option to switch default memory to your SD card stock. I'm returning the F3. The only positive the F3 has over the Premia is the battery life and barely noticeably, better camera. Of course, you can buy the extended battery and it makes the Premia battery life better than this F3. I'm a big fan or LG but i have to admit defeat on this one.

OK, them stop cluttering up our F3 forum. Obviously you love hauwai, or are just disappointed with the amount of app space on the F3. Which had been talked about extensively on this forum, it's called research. Link2sd works great on this phone.

OK, them stop cluttering up our F3 forum. Obviously you love hauwai, or are just disappointed with the amount of app space on the F3. Which had been talked about extensively on this forum, it's called research. Link2sd works great on this phone.

Downloaded Link2D last night and it's working great! My ony complaint with the F3 was the storage space but the Link2D work around appears effective. Love the F3! :D

I had the premia until earlier today.

Loving this screen. And no glitches so far, not much other difference other than need for pc to root

Premia was very thorough and unglitchy. F3 is slow, and frequently restarts. My Premia lasted about 8 hours on moderate use. F3 last maybe an hour more. The screen is garbage on the F3, or at least very weak sensors. It doesn't detect touches very well. Link2SD doesn't help when I'm trying to install a game that's 1.3 gb.

Premia was very thorough and unglitchy. F3 is slow, and frequently restarts. My Premia lasted about 8 hours on moderate use. F3 last maybe an hour more. The screen is garbage on the F3, or at least very weak sensors. It doesn't detect touches very well. Link2SD doesn't help when I'm trying to install a game that's 1.3 gb.

Either something is very wrong with that F3 or an app is causing those problems. You are the only one here so far who has posted about one behaving like that, for everyone else here the F3 is a fast, smooth phone with great battery life. I'd try a factory reset, and if that doesn't fix it take it back and get a new one.
As for games try GL to SD. Link2SD is for regular apps, GL to SD is for large game files.

According to specs, Premia has 2 gb of space, I wonder how many 1.3 gb games you were installing there. Mine never restarts, you probably removed some system app that you shouldn't have. There is no way 2400mah battery outperform your Premia's 1650 by only 1 hour.

Sounds like a bad phone.

I love my F3 and upgraded my wife to one last week as well. She really likes the phone.

I know what your saying about games with big downloads. I put Asphalt 7 on my phone.
Took a little work since the download was 1.2GB. Had to install the game on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 tablet and pull the app and game data and place it on the phone. Used GL to SD and plays the game perfect.

My girlfriend and I have had this phone for over a week. We love this phone. It does sound like you got a bad one. I suggest getting a new one. Sorry to hear about your experience. Hope the next one works. :(

Lol.
Until I installed the dark side rom (then dusk) My premia displayed all the issues your optimus is having.
Random reboots, twitchy screen, proximity sensor not sensing unless nearly touched... General weirdness.

I've been putting this through its paces and I must say, I don't really miss the 200mhz difference in the processor either. I play a ton of psx games on my phones and I get no skipping on games my premia would have issues with for some reason.

I only switched because the power button on my premia took a dump and kept acting like it was being randomly pressed. I'm sure that's from the 50ft fall it took at work though.

According to specs, Premia has 2 gb of space, I wonder how many 1.3 gb games you were installing there. Mine never restarts, you probably removed some system app that you shouldn't have. There is no way 2400mah battery outperform your Premia's 1650 by only 1 hour.

On the Premia it has a stock option to switch the devices default memory to SD. I had GTA 3 and Vice city, Final Fantasy 1 3 & 4, Modern Combat 3 and 4, Contract killer and ck zombies. My Premia had great battery life. I have not removed any system apps at all. It was doing this before i rooted too. I must have a bad phone. I gotta get a replacement. And it's now having the one bar wifi issue. How can i have 1 bar wifi signal next to my router?

On the Premia it has a stock option to switch the devices default memory to SD. I had GTA 3 and Vice city, Final Fantasy 1 3 & 4, Modern Combat 3 and 4, Contract killer and ck zombies. My Premia had great battery life. I have not removed any system apps at all. It was doing this before i rooted too. I must have a bad phone. I gotta get a replacement. And it's now having the one bar wifi issue. How can i have 1 bar wifi signal next to my router?

its a glitch, you have more than one bar. It happens to many androids.

I managed to get Link2SD to work. It says it links the files to the SD's second partition but it still doesn't free up any internal memory. I got GoTaskManager and it has, what appears to be, a stock app2sd feature. It needs superuser access but now i have .99gb free. I set up Link2SD by following the proper directions. Any ideas on what could have caused it to not work correctly?

Back
Top Bottom