• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Optimus V Boot Loop Issue

YaBahda

Lurker
Jan 13, 2016
A few weeks ago battery ran low while listening to music (YouTube) when I was walking and phone shut off. This happens occasionally. Plugged it in at home to charge. Normal charging screen lit up indicating it was in its usual charging mode. Checked it about an hour later and phone was flashing the LG logo. I have not been able to use it since.

Have tried pressing every button combination, whether what was indicated on various web sites or any other combination possible – No Good. No matter what I've tried, I can't get past the boot loop. Consequently, I can't boot into safe mode, do any kind of factory reset/recovery, perform any type of diagnostic, say on the motherboard, etc, nor try any of the step by step procedures I've read on line to remedy this. Pulled its micro card and pictures come up fine when used in my PC.

Thought maybe charging problem. Tried other charging methods besides usual wall outlet (rear PC USB port, 12000mAh charging pack - N/G). Tried multiple charging cords - N/G. Thought battery drained too low, causing problem or maybe a charging port issue. Bought second battery. Charged both batteries. Each was very low but both charged right up. Tried both charged batteries and still no change. Tried to clear phone (pressed power button ~ 30 seconds) with battery removed, then reinserted battery. Tried both batteries. Logo still flashing.

Of Note While in boot loop, if I pressed and held the home and voice dialer buttons together, a blue screen followed the logo screen, then black screen. (logo, blue, black, repeating). The following information appeared on the blue screen:

fastboot mode started
gpio_i2c: invalid khz: 0
bl: i2c write error
udc_start( )

I could not attempt any commands in this blue screen or otherwise because once I released the two buttons whether separately or together, the blue screen disappeared. Only the logo continued to flash by itself. I don't surf the net with phone. Haven't done anything that I am aware of to brick it. Never downloaded any apps. Never attempted to root, mod, flash or alter its internal system in any manner. Phone is stock, working in 2.2.1. I've never made any attempt to upgrade its OS. What am I missing?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones