• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Power (Tracfone) factory reset issues, lost system programs, help please!

Wmcinnes

Jul 22, 2015
Hey, could any of you help me? My Tracfone LG Power is screwed up. I rooted it as soon as I got and eagerly deleted the system keyboard and McAffee, but then performed a factory reset, so I had no way to enter my Google account in order to install a keyboard. Luckily I solved that by transferring the apk from my computer. Even after that was done, though, no notifications show up, and only the back button works out of the on screen keys. Screen lock also does not function. The default home doesn't include Nova Launcher as an option, even though it is installed. This couldn't be fixed with DefaultAppChanger. In hindsight I obviously should done a backup while rooted. I never had these problems with the Ultimate 2. What options do I have? Thanks so much.

Hey, could any of you help me? My Tracfone LG Power is screwed up. I rooted it as soon as I got and eagerly deleted the system keyboard and McAffee, but then performed a factory reset, so I had no way to enter my Google account in order to install a keyboard. Luckily I solved that by transferring the apk from my computer. Even after that was done, though, no notifications show up, and only the back button works out of the on screen keys. Screen lock also does not function. The default home doesn't include Nova Launcher as an option, even though it is installed. This couldn't be fixed with DefaultAppChanger. In hindsight I obviously should done a backup while rooted. I never had these problems with the Ultimate 2. What options do I have? Thanks so much.

You may be able to flash the stock firmware with LG's Flash Tool. You can try the method detailed in this thread:http://androidforums.com/threads/downgrade-root-for-10e-users.929187/ You'll instead download the KDZ file for your Power instead of the Leon. On that note, make sure the KDZ file you download(if it's available) is exactly the one for your Power.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks so much for your help! So, I looked and the KDZ file isn't available. Can't find it anywhere else either. Right now I have software version L22CV10a, very specific to my phone I guess. Does that it wrap it up for this phone?

Try this site, just enter your IMEI it will find proper KDZ file for your phone and also give you other KDZ files from other versions of same phone model

http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?firmware=1&check=1
:)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones