• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Spirit 4G rooting?

joselaz

Aug 23, 2012
Just recently got the phone less than a week ago. Loving it. I just heard about rooting and it sounds interesting. people say it is worth it so I was thinking if there was a simple tutorial video or something that would show me how to root this phone. Is it really worth it though?

Just recently got the phone less than a week ago. Loving it. I just heard about rooting and it sounds interesting. people say it is worth it so I was thinking if there was a simple tutorial video or something that would show me how to root this phone. Is it really worth it though?

Truthfully, if you aren't into tweaking and modding the phone, not really a reason to do it. If you are happy with the phone is stock out of the box then not really a reason to root. the main reason for rooting is to modify it. Or to use apps like titanium back up to back up apps. but LG has a back up app that does the samething.

The main reason people root is to customize the phone. Right now it has a locked bootloader so there isn't to much you can do with root. No Custom ROMs

Upvote 0

Truthfully, if you aren't into tweaking and modding the phone, not really a reason to do it. If you are happy with the phone is stock out of the box then not really a reason to root. the man reason for rooting is to modify it. Or to use apps like titanium back up to back up apps. but LG has a back up app that does the samething.

The main reason people root is to customize the phone. Right now it has a locked bootloader so there isn't to much you can do with root. No Custom ROMs

First, I am not yet a Rooter either.

Though I came close to rooting my Motion. Very close. Another reason people root is to fix or make invisible, errors or faults in how the phone is working stock. I came close to rooting the Motion for the ability to kill the ongoing incessant software update reminders and to move the wake button to the volume button. (The Motion power button can be a PIA with some cases.) Neither of those can happen unrooted.

So far I haven't found or heard of any shortcomings at all really with the Spirit, much less any that would require root to correct.

The Spirit is also pretty customizable as it is stock.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0

Rooting isn't as special as it may seem, but its purpose is to offer you more control over your device. It's basically unlocking permission control over your device that manufacturers deemed you shouldn't have. (For good reason, of course.)

I actually won't buy a device unless root has been achieved. I jumped the gun for the Spirit because I was impressed with the phone. For most devices, carriers and manufacturers load a bunch of unnecessary crapware. Being able to remove that crapware is important to me. If that's one of your concerns, then you should probably root. Furthermore, in your other thread, you were wanting to have a stock Android experience. When ROMs are available, you will need root in order to install said ROMs.

There's a how-to over in the "all things root" section that is very simple to follow. The process for rooting the Spirit is a lot easier than some devices. It's literally "one-click" and you're done. The process is entirely reversible, and shouldn't have any strange side effects.

Upvote 0
Rooting isn't as special as it may seem, but its purpose is to offer you more control over your device. It's basically unlocking permission control over your device that manufacturers deemed you shouldn't have. (For good reason, of course.)

I actually won't buy a device unless root has been achieved. I jumped the gun for the Spirit because I was impressed with the phone. For most devices, carriers and manufacturers load a bunch of unnecessary crapware. Being able to remove that crapware is important to me. If that's one of your concerns, then you should probably root. Furthermore, in your other thread, you were wanting to have a stock Android experience. When ROMs are available, you will need root in order to install said ROMs.

There's a how-to over in the "all things root" section that is very simple to follow. The process for rooting the Spirit is a lot easier than some devices. It's literally "one-click" and you're done. The process is entirely reversible, and shouldn't have any strange side effects.

what's kind of good about the way are phone is root but still has the locked bootloader, is if there is a problem and you need to take it in. you don't have to worry about them flipping out about it being rooted, when they do a factory reset it wont go into CWM recovery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones