• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Stylo reset startup problem

JAM3404

Lurker
I ordered what I thought was a new LG Stylo for Boost Mobile, but turns out it has been turned on and slightly used. It was reset. When I turn it on to start the startup wizard, I am able to get my Wi-Fi in, then it waits for updates and then goes to the google email page. The problem is, whoever used this phone prior put in their google email address and now the screen says that it has to have the google email previously synced with that device. How can I get past this issue? I reset it myself, but nothing lets me past that page.

What you've run into is a security measure to keep someone from resetting a device with an active account on it in order to use it as their own. Either contact the former owner to have them remove that device from their Google account, or return/exchange for a different device.

What you've run into is a security measure to keep someone from resetting a device with an active account on it in order to use it as their own. Either contact the former owner to have them remove that device from their Google account, or return/exchange for a different device.

Back
Top Bottom