• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG V10 not letting me utilize WIFI AT ALL since the latest update. I have NO WIFI..!!

hANNAbONE

Lurker
Dec 3, 2017
I bought the V10 May of 2016 new w/Verizon. Sadly, I did the update on 11-29-17. I haven't been able to use any WIFI since the update. I have done all the soft reboots, remove the battery, etc. I have gone from Airplane Mode and back. Nothing. I have not "reset" the phone yet and I have not "rooted" the phone yet either. [To tell you the truth, I don't even know what "Rooted" means.]
I pull down the menu and touch the WIFI button and sometimes it lights up and other times it doesn't. Even if it does light up it doesn't search for any WIFI near me. It stays dormant and not available for use.
If I go to SETTINGS and to the WIFI tab, it doesn't let me do anything there either. Note: when I try and open WIFI from SETTINGS, the Off/On slider button isn't as bright as the working BluTooth or other buttons. The message "Turning WIFI on..." comes up but nothing happens. BTW : My WIFI in home is fine and works with the laptop that I am typing this message now. I even went to a Verizon Store and they couldn't get the WIFI button to work there with there own wifi eqpt.
Is there anyway to revert back to the older cell system pre-update and not lose any info?
What are my choices of getting my phone back to its normal state?
I have had no problems in the 1.5 years of ownership. Guess I could just purchase more gig and forget WIFI but that would suck. BTW I am not a techie...I'm 64 and just want my freekin' phone to work like before the update. 1 more thing, I'd buy a new one but I still owe $175.00 on this one.! It's not paid off until May 2018. H E L P...!!

OK..
step one....

Backup.

Regardless of what happens next (reset, replacement phone, repair) you want to make sure you have those really important photos of your nephews safe, as well as the phone number of that friend/relative/cutie that you got last night... and that cure for the common cold that's going to win you your nobel prize.

Once you have that done.. then you can move on to other options.

I'm not sure what the insurance/warranty situation is on your side of the atlantic (we're covered for 2 years as standard) .. If it was my device over here, the first thing i'd do after a full backup is a full hard reset... sometimes funky things happen after an OS upgrade... and odd things can happen.

Following that, I'd throw it back to my carrier as a warranty issue..

reflashing the operating system, may come next... i'm not going to guess how you'd do that on your phone, i'm sure someone more familiar with that model etc.. will chip in with some better advice.

Rooting is something that i'd forget about/leave to the very very last option... its one step in a long process that may/may not even work... but doing that will complicate anything else you might try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones