• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LGMS870 Security Error - Cannot flash / PC Not Recognizing

fufanux

Accidentally deleted a few mandatory apps like movies and videos. Now I cannot boot my lg ms870 and I get the "security error" at the LG screen. I can get to download mode using the unbricking guide posted here, but no luck with anything else.

Any suggestions would be great. thanks guys

-Odin will not recognize phone.
-Windows and phone drivers installed, but cannot access phone's files in download mode
-Tried switching USB cables.
-Will post more as I figure more out.

Any luck? I had issues at one point cause the adb provided with the root guide was 32bit and I was on a 64bit system. Might be worth looking into

If you go on the lg website it has a options to update recovery for some devices . it will unroot and put the real stock ROM with those missing apps lg.com

Accidentally deleted a few mandatory apps like movies and videos. Now I cannot boot my lg ms870 and I get the "security error" at the LG screen. I can get to download mode using the unbricking guide posted here, but no luck with anything else.

Any suggestions would be great. thanks guys

-Odin will not recognize phone.
-Windows and phone drivers installed, but cannot access phone's files in download mode
-Tried switching USB cables.
-Will post more as I figure more out.

I got rid of my Spirit several months back so maybe I'm missing some new info, but I wasn't aware Odin worked on LG phones...

Back
Top Bottom