• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG's response on for Connect 4G battery issue

cjinca

I just got response from LG which acknowledges battery issue, reccommends two options to try (returning battery to LG or store where purchased, OR downloading a mobile tool support tool application that is for a different model, but with same application. Has anyone else received this response?

I am DROWNING as far as getting anything done so I haven't read this entire response but it looked promising at a glance. We are needing to lease new place and get rid of tons of junk before move, so my brain is on ridiculous overload with 'smart' phone. ;) But I do want to enjoy it, make the most of it... poco a poco.

Initially I pasted entire letter but then read the following at the end:

This communication is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above, and may contain trade secrets or other information that is exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication by anyone other than the named recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. Thank you.

I don't think I can post link as I'm a new user to forum and thinking UKCatFan or one of the other more experienced posters probably already has same response from LG. Let me know what you think about either returning battery or using tool. ttfn...

Maybe if we had more information on this 'tool' we could make a more informed decision/recommendation.

Maybe if we had more information on this 'tool' we could make a more informed decision/recommendation.

I was holding off sharing as I'm brand new to smartphones, LG, Android forum, etc. I was somewhat surprised at the LG CS response (acknowledging battery issues) and the possible fixes. And... I felt waiting to see if one of the more knowledgeable users might have received same response and share it here on forum with a little more confidence/comprehension than myself.

I checked with forum mods and got the go ahead to post this. Posting LG's response below - my first questions were, 'will using the support tool for another phone affect MetroPCS warranty? And if they acknowledge isse, why require user to return battery first? And, what's the chance that my MetroPCS store will trade out the battery? What do others here think?

Lastly, I'm not even sure I still have a battery issue (realistic expectations) as I haven't been using navigator and have added gingerbread keyboard, Juice Defender, Lookout and have let battery drain/restart.

Thank you for contacting LG Electronics. I am delighted to hear from you as our valued customer, please be advise that I will be more than glad to respond to your inquiry.

First of all I do apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing with the device and I will do my very best to help you out with this issue. Please be advise that seems that the battery has an issue and there is two options that we can try in order to fix the issue; one is either send the battery to us in order to replace the battery for another one ( process takes about 5 to 7 business days) or you may ask for a replacement at the store where you have purchased the phone; another option could be perform an update on the phone by the application named Mobile Support Tool that you can find it by going here LG MS690 Support: Find Manuals & Warranty Info | LG USA ( I know is not the correct model, but is the same application) scroll down till the line that says "click here to download your mobile driver" and then click again on download to your PC.

Once this application is installed, please on your phone go to the settings and then applications and then go to development and make sure that the phone is set on USB debugging; after is check then please connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable and make sure that your computer detects the phone, once you see that the computer recognize the phone then please open the application that you just download ( Mobile Support Tool) and make sure that this application detect the phone; if not you may need to try another USB port; if still is not detecting the phone, then you need to download a USB driver for the phone by going to Official LG Phone Forum and scroll down till you get the carrier of your service and select the driver LGMS690.zip (13.9 MB); once you have downloaded, please restart the computer ( disconnect the phone from the USB cable) and try one more time to open the tool and then check if the phone is detected by the tool.

Once is detected be advise that you just need to click on download tab and check if the model of your phone is there and click on the option for the update ( if there is any available).

Initially I pasted entire letter but then read the following at the end:

This communication is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above, and may contain trade secrets or other information that is exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication by anyone other than the named recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. Thank you.

Unless you signed a non-disclosure agreement that is not legally binding.

Does the lack of response mean that forum readers think LG's suggestion to use Mobile Support tool is a bad idea or?

Sounds like a default response. They're just saying replace the battery or update the software. I think there is a software update out for the Connect. The update is for the Connect, you just have to download the tool via another phones page. The tool is the same.

Sounds like a default response. They're just saying replace the battery or update the software. I think there is a software update out for the Connect. The update is for the Connect, you just have to download the tool via another phones page. The tool is the same.
Thanks. I thought I was getting some great tip and since the response on forums to LG's suggestion was so minimal, I was hesitant to try the update. Also, when I did open support tool, my laptop tried to detect software and I didn't understand what they needed or how to go forward.

From what I understand, phone receives auto firmware updates when turned off/back on? Is that different than going to support tool?

Back
Top Bottom