• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Liberty 1.5 for D2

Was coming from Fission, so I did a full restore from a vanilla SBF just to be safe. Used One Click Root, installed Koush's Bootstrap Recovery, and installed Liberty 1.5 in no time!

One note for Exchange users: I tried to set up my Exchange information in "Accounts & Sync" (under "Settings") and kept getting an error that it "could not connect to server". I configured the account in the "Mail" application without a problem, and my mail, calendar and contacts are syncing just fine.

Nice work, guys!

Upvote 0
I am getting ready to root my d2 global, my first droid, first root so newb.
anyway I need to know that all the instructions I have for the rooting of the d2 will work on the global. I am going to use z4root bootstrap recovery for d2 and from there I need to know what else I need to install.
I have astro. also when I downloaded the bootstrap recovery it was zipped and a bunch of different files so which folder do i need to put on my sd card and which file do I direct it to. Im sorry for all the Questions but I want to get this right.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone -

I stumbled apon this site and went ahead and did my D2. I am using Z4Root and selected Liberty as my install choice. Now all I get is a spinning Liberty Logo. Nice logo, but I am sure there is more to this than that. =)

Any how, does anybody have any idea of what I can do to get my phone working again?

Thank you!

A root noob!

Upvote 0
Hello everyone -

I stumbled apon this site and went ahead and did my D2. I am using Z4Root and selected Liberty as my install choice. Now all I get is a spinning Liberty Logo. Nice logo, but I am sure there is more to this than that. =)

Any how, does anybody have any idea of what I can do to get my phone working again?

Thank you!

A root noob!

Try getting back into recovery and reflash the rom.
MAke sure you do a wipe first.

Always do a nandroid backup to help you out in situations like this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones