• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LineageOS 15.1 System UI crashes when tapping on app in App Switcher

antoniu200

Lurker
Hi! So, I recently updated my older Lenovo Vibe K5 to LineageOS 15.1 and installed a custom kernel. All nice and smooth, until I want to go back into an app. The Recent Apps switcher pops up, apps are there, however, when I select an app, System UI has stopped, and, after that, Android doesn't react to the home button (capacitive) and System UI crashes each time I invoke the app switcher.

Any help? I cannot install another ROM, as I have some data on that phone that I cannot lose. A full backup of the apps would do and allow another ROM installation, but from what I experimented today and yesterday, Titanium Backup doesn't backup my Messages, app accounts and other data that apps create and use. Basically, at a restore, those apps start fresh.

do you have twrp recovery? if so just make a nandroid backup and you are good to go. a custom recovery's main job is to do two things. one it gives you the ability to flash certain files and two to make a nandroid backup.

here is some info on what to backup:
https://twrp.me/faq/whattobackup.html

if you do not have twrp or even a custom recovery then i suggest that you figure out how to install one as it is a vital tool for anybody who has a rooted device.

Last edited:
I am willing to bet Huwie will go my way with th their new operating system system and make link with Bluetooth to make it shut I've phone internal sounds off killing Android! I would buy that any day!

i'm not sure i understand. how does this help the op?

He probably replied to the wrong thread. Also, thanks for the advice! Will make a Nandroid Backup, as I do have TWRP.

I also thought of getting a logcat from the system when System UI crashes, so I can see what happens then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom