• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Link2SD made me unable to re install apps after SD corruption

OK so I've been searching the internet but couldn't really find a solution to my problem because the phrasing is so specific. I have a Virgin mobile victory 4g lte phone that i recently rooted. I used CWM recovery to setup a partition on my 32 GB SD card, and proceeded to flash a custom rom and download link2sd pro. I linked all the 4 file types (including the "internal data" cuz i have link2sd pro) of a bunch of my non essential apps. everything worked great for a few days and them all of a sudden my SD card started removing itself and re mounting over and over again. after about a day of that it just totally fried out so I removed it and formatted it.
reformatting it didnt fix the card...its still shot so im planning on just getting a new one anyways. little did I know the card was only a class 4 which is probally why partitioning fried it. ANYWAY enough of the preliminary stuff. now my problem is that ANY app that i previously had linked on the SD card will not re-install. it just says "insufficient storage available". I went into my application manager and there ware applications for every one of the links I had made before, but the icons were gray androids. I figured these were the problem so deleted every one of them but it didnt do anything. I have plentty of internal storage (over a gig) and when i go into link2SD now the apps that i removed no longer show up, so i have no way to remove there links. its a really annoying problem and i made a nandroid backup but it wont show up in TWPS so id really like to fix it an easier way:/

Try going in link2sd settings and select clean up. Also delete the mount script for link2sd and do it over. Its in system/etc/init.d

Back
Top Bottom