• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root liquid smooth port

Trying to set a new default input causes a reboot. Installed swiftkey and won't let me use it.

EDIT: Interesting, I found a way around it. I froze android keyboard and it wasn't allowing me to use any input method or set a new default, so I unfroze it while I had SwiftKey enabled and it removed the system default and made SwiftKey work.

Here the steps I did to fix keyboard.
1. Install keyboard if your choice.
2. Enabled freshly installed keyboard.
3. Clear data & cache for stock keyboard.
4. Freeze keyboard.
5. Go to settings > language & input > click default keyboard.
6. Phone should soft reboot as usual.
New keyboard should be set as default after reboot.
I used link2sd for all of the freezing and clearing.

Seems to be an issue with wifi completely locking on. It connects, but icon doesn't turn blue and it continually gives security certificate errors.

The icon turns blue when you've connected to Google services. Its usually a pretty good indicator that you don't get connectivity

The icon turns blue when you've connected to Google services. Its usually a pretty good indicator that you don't get connectivity

Thank you, I'm fully aware of that, I'm 100 percent positive that its due to a bug in the custom software. Not complaining, just reporting. I know that I get connectivity where I'm at.

I don't have that issue at all. What encryption method is your router set to?

Actually it's a public wifi router, lol, so I'm not sure, but I do however know that everything goes fine with connecting to them except for on the custom Rom. However it almost seems that something is breaking the function because upon initially flashing, it connects and locks on just fine (turns blue and all). Here's what's happening, icon stays grey, but I'm connected to the network, I can use apps that use Internet, like Android forums. I can use my browsers ONLY if I turn OFF the option to show security certificate warnings. However Google play doesn't go through at all and just keeps giving me the retry button.

Actually it's a public wifi router, lol, so I'm not sure, but I do however know that everything goes fine with connecting to them except for on the custom Rom. However it almost seems that something is breaking the function because upon initially flashing, it connects and locks on just fine (turns blue and all). Here's what's happening, icon stays grey, but I'm connected to the network, I can use apps that use Internet, like Android forums. I can use my browsers ONLY if I turn OFF the option to show security certificate warnings. However Google play doesn't go through at all and just keeps giving me the retry button.

Try going into recovery and fixing permissions. I had a similar problem with my permissions that caused my wifi to malfunction.

Tethering works with the 4g icon issue under PG's rom. At least it did when I tried it. But the bluetooth on his rom doesnt work, and sound profiles in the pulldown.

The bluetooth works on LiquidSmooth but the tethering doesnt. lol

Also just noticed my Google account wont sync properly, has this been discussed before?? It says sync is not working. How can I fix this? (on liquid rom)

Tethering works with the 4g icon issue under PG's rom. At least it did when I tried it. But the bluetooth on his rom doesnt work, and sound profiles in the pulldown.

The bluetooth works on LiquidSmooth but the tethering doesnt. lol

Also just noticed my Google account wont sync properly, has this been discussed before?? It says sync is not working. How can I fix this? (on liquid rom)

Does bluetooth work on this port, during calls? Because it doesn't on PG's Rom.

Back
Top Bottom