• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Live Chat with Samsung US about 4.2.2 upgrade

Odysse

Sep 27, 2013
Live Chat with Samsung US about 4.2.2 upgrade

Just had a live chat with Samsung USA support about the 4.2.2 Jelly Bean upgrade for the Galaxy tab 3 7.0 tablet:

Sammy: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung technical support. How may I assist you?

Francisco: Hi Sammy My question: I just bought an Galaxy tab 3 7.0 wifi only on Amazon store and after watching some video reviews on youtube I was wondering when are you going to upgrade to 4.2.2 Jelly Bean from 4.1.2 Thanks

Sammy: I understand that you want to know about Android 4.2.2 update for Galaxy tab 3.

Francisco: Yes, that is correct Thanks because the reviews of the 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy tab 3 7.0 are not so good. Thanks.

Sammy: This update has been already started receiving by tab 2; however, this update for tab 3 not yet has been released so the information about 4.2.2 release is not available.

Sammy: Also the information about when 4.2.2 will be released for tab 3 is not available.
Sammy: If you visit Samsung.com and search our Product News area under About Samsung, you can find information about upcoming product launches.

Francisco: OK Sammy thanks for your assistant However I am curious Why the old Tab 2 first upgraded to 4.2.2 than the new Tab 3?

Sammy:You are welcome. I understand your concern. Anything else I can assit you?
Francisco: No, thanks again, Bye.

Anyone have some tip about the upgrade? Thanks.

Samsung has a habit of doing this. They update older and/or less important devices to test future upgrades for newer product lines. They've recently done it with the less important galaxy s ii plus, which is sitting nicely on 4.2.2 right now, while the original s ii is still on 4.1

I see, thanks, in simple words, we can expect an upgrade for the Tab3 7.0 wifi from 4.1 to 4.3 or at least 4.2.2, soon, or there is another Tab3 plus around launched after the first one we are talking about???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones