• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Locate a working Junk Cleaner for Android 11 - Solved

Johncoool

I have the Samsung A02 Smartphone. The phone came with Android 10 and After I updated it is now Android 11.

With Android 7 and earlier the Junk cleaner apps could find a lot of files that are cache or junk.

With Android 10 it was able to find some but not as many.

On Android 11 it no longer finds any files to be cleaned.

I tried several apps that include the top rated apps. One of them is an official Google app.

Can someone shed some light on this and why it does not find any.

Google is chock full of garbage cleaning apps.

Over the last half dozen Android versions, it has been made increasingly difficult to clean caches, and to even find apps that can and do so.
Android has limited the access that user apps have for other user apps.

First, here is an app that does what it says it does.
It does everything that is possible for a third party app to do to other apps.
It is ad-free, and comes from F-Droid, an appstore that is most secure.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/theredspy15.ltecleanerfoss/

Be sure to go through all the settings first, to ensure that you don't delete any wanted files.

Also, occasionally I use an old version of Systweak because it cleans thumbnails and a few other things that the above cleaner does not.
There are other features, such as a duplicate finder, that are most helpful.
This is an old version, there are no ads. If you must update it to work on Android 11, (or if you have 'auto-update' on in Google Playstore settings) then there will be ads.

https://systweak-android-cleaner.en.uptodown.com/android/download/1633705

Finally, apart from going through Storage and clearing caches of apps one at a time, generally a restart (NOT a reset!) of the device will clear most caches and clear out some other crap.

A device tends to function best if the amount of unused memory is at least equal to the amount of RAM on the device.

This gives apps 'breathing room' to expand during use.
Also, it is well to keep your total memory use to around 70%.

If you follow the above guidelines, you very well may see certain apps grow to sizes that you have never seen before.
This means that those apps have been choked and limited by space constraints.

Lastly, keep in mind that social media apps are notorious space hogs and data mines.
These are best dealt with on a browser, and the app itself eliminated or disabled.

I was unable to find Head by CCleaner but I found CCleaner by Piriform.

CCleaner was able to find files to clean.

Does not remove all junk for free and requires money to do it.

I use CCleaner on my Windows O/S and is a very good program but I don't like the permissions that the app wants to access on Android.

I was unable to find Head by CCleaner but I found CCleaner by Piriform.

CCleaner was able to find files to clean.

Does not remove all junk for free and requires money to do it.

I use CCleaner on my Windows O/S and is a very good program but I don't like the permissions that the app wants to access on Android.
I have used it for thirteen years on my Windows,it does all the regesitry and a ton more, like cleaning out of the right click menu, also disabling a ton of junk you really do not need to wait on forever.

Google is chock full of garbage cleaning apps.

Over the last half dozen Android versions, it has been made increasingly difficult to clean caches, and to even find apps that can and do so.
Android has limited the access that user apps have for other user apps.

First, here is an app that does what it says it does.
It does everything that is possible for a third party app to do to other apps.
It is ad-free, and comes from F-Droid, an appstore that is most secure.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/theredspy15.ltecleanerfoss/

Be sure to go through all the settings first, to ensure that you don't delete any wanted files.

Also, occasionally I use an old version of Systweak because it cleans thumbnails and a few other things that the above cleaner does not.
There are other features, such as a duplicate finder, that are most helpful.
This is an old version, there are no ads. If you must update it to work on Android 11, (or if you have 'auto-update' on in Google Playstore settings) then there will be ads.

https://systweak-android-cleaner.en.uptodown.com/android/download/1633705

Finally, apart from going through Storage and clearing caches of apps one at a time, generally a restart (NOT a reset!) of the device will clear most caches and clear out some other crap.

A device tends to function best if the amount of unused memory is at least equal to the amount of RAM on the device.

This gives apps 'breathing room' to expand during use.
Also, it is well to keep your total memory use to around 70%.

If you follow the above guidelines, you very well may see certain apps grow to sizes that you have never seen before.
This means that those apps have been choked and limited by space constraints.

Lastly, keep in mind that social media apps are notorious space hogs and data mines.
These are best dealt with on a browser, and the app itself eliminated or disabled.
PK: I did downloaded the LTE cleaner this morning for my tablet and moto, wow it really does such an outstanding job.

The recommended Systweak version was unable to find thumbnails. I use Unseen Gallery to find them from the below link.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uni.unseengallery.ke&hl=en

LTE Cleaner was able to find files for cleaning. It is available on the Play-store

Thanks to all.

Thumbnails can be tricky, because they are stored in hidden files.

The best thing to do if they are a constant problem is to eliminate them permanently.

It can be done, but can be a bit confusing for some.

Use your file manager, and in the settings use 'show hidden files'.

Then go to the folder called DCIM, and open it.

There you should find (maybe inside other folders and app titles as well!) a folder called '.Thumbnails'

That dot at the beginning is important- that is what makes this a hidden file.

Keep note of exactly how it looks.
Delete that folder.
Immediately create a new file with the exact same name with a dot in front like the old one.

Notice how you deleted a folder and replaced it with a file?

Android will not allow two items of the same name to exist in the same place.
The app(s) that make the thumbnails folder(s) will try to make another, but there is already a file with that name there. (That is what you created.)
So now thumbnails can no longer be stored.

Keep in mind that this is an empty file, and most cleaner apps can remove empty files.
(LTE has an on/off setting for this.)
If your file gets deleted, then thumbnails as a folder will reappear and grow again.

I marked the Thread as solved!

CCleaner Pro version can do all what I need. It can remove any temp or cached file and can do it automatically too.

I don't require further assistance on this.

Thanks to all.

I marked the Thread as solved!

CCleaner Pro version can do all what I need. It can remove any temp or cached file and can do it automatically too.

I don't require further assistance on this.

Thanks to all.
Why did you pay,unless you got the Trial version of it, the normal Ccleaner does all the rest too. It does weave in and out of Pro / free version on your cell, kind of like my own.

Why did you pay,unless you got the Trial version of it, the normal Ccleaner does all the rest too. It does weave in and out of Pro / free version on your cell, kind of like my own.

I used CCleaner way back when it was free and without ads.

It deleted a bunch of stuff from Downloads by default.
That sucked.
I always had to remember to reset that setting each time.

Other than that, I liked it.

Now I just use the above that I mentioned, and have LTE set to be automatic.

I used CCleaner way back when it was free and without ads.

It deleted a bunch of stuff from Downloads by default.
That sucked.
I always had to remember to reset that setting each time.

Other than that, I liked it.

Now I just use the above that I mentioned, and have LTE set to be automatic.
Current version for both p.c. and cell,no ads.

I did not pay for anything. I don't want to mention here how I got it sot that I don't lose my account

Basically it is a modded free version of the pro found in certain websites.

Back
Top Bottom