• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Location based camera settings?

Tried searching for a related thread, but couldn't find an answer...

I have very different camera needs while at work vs while not at work.

While at work, I use my camera several times a week to transmit signed copies of documents and to capture pics of receipts for the Concur expense system (there's an ap for it too!). This system is easier & faster for me than using a scanner.

So for work, I prefer low resolution pics, as they upload faster, and in the case of email, doesn't overfill my corporate email account (strictly limited capacity).

Outside of work, I prefer max resolution. I've taken several great shots of my son or wife, only to later realize, I forgot to reset the camera back to hi-res.

I use the Llama app for location based changes, but it doesn't let me change camera resolution. I'm going to write to the Llama developer - he has been great in the past about replying to me and I will post an update here if I get a response.

Does anyone know if any other location-based apps will let me do this, or have any other suggestion on how I might accomplish this?

Using a rooted Droid2 Global (Verizon) - No new ROM's, but rooted so I can underclock it when the screen is off in order to extend battery life.

Thanks in advance,
David

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones