• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lock screen clock updates slow

matther22xdroid

Whenever I hit the unlock button or the home button to turn my S4 screen on the large clock jumps time to whatever time it is. Is this normal? Anyone else have this issue?

Yes, mine does this too.

Although, honestly, I only started noticing it two days ago. I don't think it happened when I first got the phone, so I'm wondering if the lag has something to do with something I did.

same here, my phone also experiences this... wondering if it is a default power saving thingy although my Power Saving mode is off...

I've noticed that on all of my phones. It takes them a half second or so to 'catch up', I've always assumed it was a power saving trick.

Noticed it too, but for some reason it seemed to start a few days ago. I'm pretty observant about things like that so if it did it earlier I would have noticed.

I was noticing that too. I've since replaced the stock lock screen clock with a beautiful widget clock and it seems to always be up to date. It would appear that it's just an issue with the stock lock clock.

Yes my SGSII, SGSIII and now my SGS4 have all done this. It's a bit of a "non - problem" really as it takes a miniscule amount of time to show the correct time. I actually find it useful - it tells me how much time has elapsed since I last put it down, hardly ever at the moment!

I'm no Apple fanboi but this is exactly the sort of slightly rubbish UI annoyance that Steve Jobs never would have stood for.

It's not a big deal but I think it looks a bit naff.

This isn't an Android issue. This is a Samsung app issue. Nothing more. Unlike Apple, the answer isn't "live with it". Instead, all anyone needs to do is replace the wonky Samsung "Clock or Personal Message" app (the default) with virtually any other widget for the lock screen.

I decided to remove the default app and replace it with Beautiful Widgets' clock/weather widget so I get a great looking HD clock with HD weather and the clock is always 100% accurate when I turn the phone on.

So, forgive me as I usually don't care about the Apple vs. The World arguments but your perspective holds no water. Android gave us the ability to choose and we can easily do so. I'll take that any day over a phone where my only choice is what Apple thinks is best for absolutely everyone.

Mines done it since day 1 as well. Just replace the clock like everyone suggests or live with it. I personally dont think it's a big deal :)

Back
Top Bottom